Sunday 8 September 2013

Chapter 2

 

Twang!
Twang!

Twadonk!
(oh that had to have hurt, good thing it’s a dummy)

Twang!

I was just going to fetch my arrows from the unfortunate dummy’s head, at least I think it was his head it looked more like some net bag over some white stuffing, when Jack Vidar and his gang came in to the training rooms. I had completely forgotten that he always came to the training rooms at five-thirty every day. We moved to the shadows but it was too late he had already spotted us.

“What ya doing Artymissed,” He asked in his most irritating voice.

I tried to come up with a good comeback because I really hated that name. Then I had a crazy brainwave and came up with something. It was pretty risky to say, and he would probably smash me to pieces but I said it any way.

“I am practicing so I can do what I did to the dummy, to you,” I replied back in an annoyed voice.

As Jack eyes widened and his face flashed red, I whispered to Robin, Arrow and Bow, “Sneak around the back and grab the paint ball guns and fire on my signal.”

“So why are you in the shadows, you scared Artymissed” Jack sneered.

 Arrow, Bow and Robin were now at the paint guns and were loading and aiming them.

“So no one will see me destroy you, genius,” I replied with my famous mocking tone, “Fire at will.”

They all had blank faces that looked at me like, “What the hell are you talking about?” until they got splatted with paint balls, then they had pretty colorful faces.

I ran over to the rest of the group, dodging lost paint balls on the way. Jack and his gang had returned to their senses and were thundering after me as I made a last minute decision to head to the rope, knowing that Jack and gang wouldn’t be able to follow.

Hopefully Arrow, Robin and Bow got the idea and follow me or went somewhere else where they couldn’t go. They may seem all tough and mean but they are really video gamers at heart.

I climbed up the rope like a squirrel and they let out shouts of protest as I climbed to the top. I climbed the high rope course that was hanging off the roof of the training room over to where my friends were waiting.

When I got there they handed me a paint gun that they had brought up with them. ‘Boy do I love these things’ I thought as I made sure it was loaded. Sure enough it was thanks to my friends, it even had my favourite colour in loaded, blue.

We started to shoot at them as they moved over to the side to get some paint guns for themselves. They started to fire at us, we split up Arrow and I went to the right and Bow and Robin went to the left.

It was full on war and no one was going to stop us until this was over, good thing these rooms are made for things like this.

I was hanging by one arm, and swinging from rope to rope, while shooting at them, so they now looked like rainbow monsters. Their screams were cut short as they got hit with a blob of fluro pink paint hit them in the mouth, making them look like they did a very bad job of putting lipstick on.

That was when I saw the top of the janitor scruffy brown hair and the red head Saffron, one of my best friends. I quickly swung up and hid out of the janitor’s range of sight but Saffron saw me and gave me a quick smile.

She must have heard us and told the janitor. I saw the janitor start shouting at Jack and his gang, and then they went over to the mops that were laying in the corner with the janitor keeping his eye on them.

Saffron ducked out of the training rooms. I made my way over to Robin, Bow and Arrow who were regrouping and where trying to stifle their laughs.

After a quick discussion about the war we snuck out of the training room (after giving Jack and his friends a sarcastic salute before slipping through the door) and joined Saffron outside and ran all the way to the mess hall, laughing our heads of.

3 comments:

  1. Good chapter, hope you update more regulary from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMIGAWD IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Haha love tori xx

    ReplyDelete